Thursday, April 15, 2010

Maximizing My Style - Maxi Dresses for Mini Me

 

The weather in Boston has been fantastic lately!  It's been warm, sunny, and beautiful for about a week!  The cold of winter seems like a distant memory as the city welcomes spring with open arms.  And what better way to usher in a new season than with a cute maxi dress?  The only problem is -- I don't have such a dress.  Never have!  I've always been wary of the style.  I thought maxis were a big no-no for someone like me.  Too long.  Too unstructured.  Too bold.  Too bad.  And just too unflattering for me to pull off (or should I say, to put on).  But that was before I started this blog.  And it was before I realized that (hallelujah!) there are indeed petite maxi dresses for women like us!   Inspired by the likes of Nicole Richie, Eva Longoria, Jessica Simpson, and other petite celebrity fashionistas who manage to look chic and fabulous in floor-grazing duds, I am determined to find a maxi that works for me!  So here are a few petite-friendly maxi dresses I've found for women who want to look "nothing short of amazing"as they welcome the warm weather ...




RUNNING AROUND TOWN...

$118 at Athleta
sizes xxs - lrg


$19.99 at Belk
sizes sml - lrg


$49.50 at Gap
sizes xs -xl


$69.99 at Athleta
sizes xxs -xs


A NIGHT ON THE TOWN...


$254.99  $216.74 at Lord & Taylor
sizes xs - lrg


 $468 at Nordstrom
sizes 0P - 12P



£75 at AdditionsDirect
sizes UK6 - UK20


Fellow petites, do you own maxi dresses?  If so, where did you buy them?  Which of the styles above could you see yourself wearing?  Let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment