Monday, April 23, 2007

I Heart Hasek?

Detroit, you are shameless! Stop trying to seduce me with your textbook-perfect passing. You know my heart belongs to the Oil! Sure, I enjoyed our round 1 fling, especially the part where you delivered a hilariously embarassing ass-pounding to the Flames, but we are through Mister! What's that? You're playing the hated Ducks in the second round? Oh, my. Well, yes, I suppose I will come up for a drink.

That's right, folks. I'm getting in bed with the Wings. As the first round went on, I found that cheering against the Flames slowly turned to cheering for Detroit. I mean, they move the puck so well -- I think it hypnotized me! Also, I get a kick out of the fact that they have the two oldest players in the league, one of which mentored my Roli (resulting in the two having very similar playing styles) and the other a well-established ass with a good sense of humour. Mike Babcock is still a smarmy douchebag, but I think this is a team I can get behind for the rest of the playoffs. GOWINGS?

No comments:

Post a Comment